Friday, January 8, 2010

target women

so...i'm pretty much in love with Sarah Haskins. she's a great comedienne who does a segment for InfoMania on Current TV called "Target Women" wherein she satirizes the gender stereotypes found in mass media. they're hilarious...and dead on. here are a few to get you hooked:











when asked if she was a feminist, Sarah replied, "Yes, I’m a feminist. It is an extension of my lifelong war against pantyhose. To me it means that as women we are individuals before we are gendered people and that we’re not defined by our gender except in the ways we chose to appropriate that definition. We’re in a weird generation, right? Our moms were forced to grapple with that definition more immediately, and I think it’s changed as we’ve grown up. The core issue 'how do I fight bias against me because of my gender' is still there but has gotten more complicated and wrapped into all kinds of identity issues about how you present yourself as a woman and I pretty much think it's your choice. And fuck pantyhose."

2 comments:

  1. This is great. You should blog for us. Blog for us. Can I repost this on the NHQ blog? Blog for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy your adventures in blogging sure did last long...

    <3

    ReplyDelete